Premier Dance Center for Dance Instruction
The RED Dance Center was established in Hudson, Ohio in June 2015 to enrich and strengthen arts education of modern and ballet within the community. The RED School of Modern Dance was established at the same time to offer Educational Modern and Ballet Dance Technique Classes, Master Classes, and Intensives for community dancers of all ages, from teens to adults of all ages, as well as individuals of all dance experience levels from beginner to advanced.
Classes and intensives are offered at affordable tuition rates and provide the community opportunities to study and learn modern dance and ballet through the mentoring of experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate dance artists. The school’s dance class offerings serve both recreational and professional dancers by providing classes that are strongly centered upon artistic development in self-expression and correct movement technique to cultivate a well-rounded artistic/technical dancer. These are technique classes only – there are no recitals or performances, so therefore no additional expenses for costumes or performance-related costs. Just pure focus on the development of dancers confidence, physical technique, and expression of artistry of the craft of modern and ballet dance.
The RED Dance Center features:
- 1,100 sq. ft. Sprung Dance Floor with Professional Marley – safer on dancers’ joints, forgiving on dancers’ bodies
- high ceilngs; full height wall mirrors
- quality sound system; live music with select classes
- spacious waiting area for parents/students
- convienient parking right in front of building
- conveniently located near Hudson, Stow, Richfield, Peninsula, Akron, Twinsburg, Macedonia, Streetsboro
- close to shopping areas and downtown Hudson
- dance instructor Kelli Sanford has over 15 years professional dance experience and is a Certified Pilates Instructor, with extensive knowledge of anatomy and body mechanics, providing dancers with proper technique to remain injury free
The RED School of Modern Dance prepares the pre-professional dancer for a career in the arts and also broadens the recreational dancer’s love for the art of dance which builds self-confidence and discipline gained from studying modern and ballet technique.
RED Dance Center is generously supported by The Burton D. Morgan Foundation, The Mary S. and David C. Corbin Foundation, and Akron Community Foundation. RED Company/The Red Dance Center/RED School of Modern Dance are a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization.